washing machine non-return valve

Our washing machine makes an annoying gurgling noise each time it pumps out.

I have been trying to find a non-return valve that can be inserted into the outlet pipe.

I have tried several web sites that supply plumbing components, but I cannot find a non-return valve for a discharge pipe.

Any suggestions?

Graham

Reply to
graham

Not sure whether it will cure 'gurgling'! but I bought one at B&Q years ago (intended specifically for washing machine hoses)

David

Reply to
Lobster

The gurgling is caused by the water in the discharge pipe running back down the pipe to the machine when it stops pumping.

I will have a look in B&Q again.

Graham

Reply to
graham