Washing machine misbehaving

My old Service simply emitted a nasty electrical burning smell, a small phut and blew the breaker. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Grimly Curmudgeon

Have you had the back off and as previously suggested make a visual inspection of suspension and any ballast?

Reply to
bert

On 11.01.2013 23:48, JoeJoe wrote: ...

If you try a Google search for "washing machine sound", you will be surprised to see how much help is available for this. By fine-tuning you search, you may find a video that solves exactly your problem.

My machine just stopped. I opened it and found that one of the dampers was loose. I managed to fasten it, and after that the machine was OK. Modern washing machine has a small brain, but do not have communication skills to tell you exactly where it hurts.

Reply to
Jo Stein

Cheers for that.

Decided to run it again yesterday and have a listen. During fast spin (1600rpm) it made a horrible grinding noise (could be heard very loudly on other side of the house, some 15m away, with two closed doors along the way). Stopped it, and there was a faint (burnt?) smell in the utility room...

As the machine has done approx one washing/day over 7.5 years, we decided that it was time for a new one.

Just ordered an 8kg Samsung one - was never aware that they were doing them (or just badging someone else's), but the 5 year part+labour warranty + reviews on Amazon were the clinchers.

Thanks again for all the useful advice - always happy to learn something new.

Reply to
JoeJoe

The concrete isn't rotating, so has zero kinetic energy. If anything, it'll act as containment.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

act as containment.

They, in that sentence, refers to 'Indesits'.

HTH

Reply to
GB