Washing machine hot water stopper

Washing machine has packed up and new machine only needs a cold feed,existing uses both. I know I can just turn the tap off on the hot but I never trust those washing machine connections so is there also a blanking thing I can use for extra security?

Reply to
SJP

The message from "SJP" contains these words:

Free the screw-ring from the now spare hose and shove a tuppeny bit in it, then screw it, with original sealing washer, over the outlet.

Reply to
Guy King

Had the same issue with our last machine, I just turned the tap off, but its in an outside utillity room not the house, thats why the utillity was built.... two washing machine floods and I decided to build it its own home with the tumble dryer and dog as company !!

Reply to
Staffbull