Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off!

Hi,

I was wondering whether any one could shed any light on a most peculiar problem we seem to have encountered with our Electra AWM900 Washing Machine. Unlike Adrian our motor and other related functions still seem to be operating OK : however we returned from a few days away late last night to find that the newly laid carpets were soaked through.

The washing machine drum was half full of water (having been completely empty and turned off before we went away), but because the washing machine door was ajar to prevent it smelling, water had come out and saturated the nearby carpets.

The peculiar thing is that as well as the machine being turned off, the water was not flowing. It seemed to have filled itself up, and then stopped for some reason. If it were a burst pipe or a fault within the machine, I would have expected to have seen the water still flowing out when we got back but this was not the case.

This morning I have run a rinse / spin cycle to empty all the water sitting in the drum : this appears to have worked fine, with the machine now apparently back to normal. However I am keen to get to the root cause of what caused this before we get our new carpets to replace the other new carpets!

Many thanks in advance, James.

Tunbridge Wells.

Reply to
pcyljmb