Washing machine grumbles

No I have two, but if I think of any more I'll add them later on. Firstly, if you want to put a washing machine anywhere you are most likely to have it on a floor, you know those things that stop you falling through to the ground? so what idiot places the filter for removing fluff and the like right wown at the bottom of the machine where there is not enough room to get any sizable receptacle under the device so it floods the floor when the filter is removed? Surely only an inch or so higher would enable a tray to be inserted to stop this?

  1. How long are Washing Machine minutes? So there she is, my friend watching the machines counter counting down for the end of the cycle cos she has to go out and really wants the thing to be done. It says five minutes. Then it jumps to 10, then back to 1 then up to 7. Is this Panasonic Running Windows and using the copy file timer to time its cycles? OK so I could understand if the differences in load caused some slight variation, but this is a useless number if it cannot be relied on. I have enquired about others and it seems not be in the slightest unique. Most machines do this kind of thing. Quite clearly, a static display just saying nothing would be of more help. Sorry I was late for this interview as my washing machine lied to me??

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I had a Bosch fridge freezer like that. According to the digital display the fridge never departed from the set-point of +4 however ling the door was left open. The freezer kidded you it was always a steady -18, then took a quantum leap to -10. Why can't they just tell the truth? I bet the software designer went on to work for VW.

IKWYM about the washing machine timer. Mine always overestimates how long the cycle is going to take. I think it's playing mind-games with me. Managing my expectations.

Reply to
Graham.

My Miele's countdown is pretty spot on -

But my Bosch tumble dryer from 1998 is a bit random - but at least it does change monotonically!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Trays to sit the whole machine on are available, we just tend not to use them over here.

Reply to
Lee

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Presumably so that any bigger items will lodge down there as it's the low point?

Our Bosch has a little pipe you can pull out to drain it into something first. Before opening the access point. so only a l;ittle exytra water drains out. ~Easily caught with an old towel.

Cant say I notice with ours really. It seems fairly accurate. Presumably it varies on some machines cos of sensors to do with how dirsty, our how much water is left in the washing etc.

Reply to
Chris French

Depends how many people turned up for the Washing Machine Annual General Meeting.

Reply to
Tim Streater