Washing Machine Drum Repair

There is a hole in the outer plastic drum of my washing machine. I can reach the hole, somewhat awkwardly, with my hand. I'd like to patch the hole using some kind of putty. What can people recommend please? Epoxy putty, car body filler? Thanks.

Reply to
tonkski

I have used Milliput to fix a leaking washing machine drum.

Reply to
Yellow

Depends what the drum is made of. GRP is quite common, in which case resin with glass fibre mat should work as that's what the drum is anyway.

Drums have large stresses on them, and if the hole is a stress fracture, then regard it as non-repairable.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel