Washing machine - clothes are very hot !

I have a Tricity Bendix Washer 800 (AW851). Could there be a problem with this machine - all the clothes are extremely hot after a wash cycle. Even if I put a cold hand wash in to spin the clothes come out very hot - probably destroy any delicate wools - has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks for any input.

Una

Reply to
Una

hot and cold feeds the wrong way round?

Reply to
manoman

problem

I would agree with the hot and cold pipes being on wrong, the only other alternative being a faulty cold valve, or even the cold tap being turned off, which in theory, and on a delicate cycle, could cause this problem, but highly unlikely.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

That is certainly the simplest and most obvious probably cause.

I doubt that many machines take hot water for a delicates wash prefering to heat it itself. Which leads to the other possibilty of the heater being stuck on for some reason.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Some machines will mix the hot and cold water on delicate washes, even on rinses, therefore if no cold water is entering the machine, this just leaves the hot water, so it can happen.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll certainly get the pipes checked out.

However, the problem seems to be stemming from the spin cycle. When I put hand washed cold clothing into the machine for a "spin only" they come out really hot. I'm wondering how this could happen with only a spin.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Una

Are you sure that when you ask it for a spin only that you are not getting the final rinse and a spin? As an experiment, spin somthing that is already dry. If it comes out completely dry and hot then there is some cause for concern. If it comes out hot and damp then I suspect the previous suggestions of hot/cold feed swap are likely to be the cause.

Checking and then swapping if needed, should only need the machine to be slid out of it's housing. No need to call in a repair person. if you are not sure which of your supply pipes is the hot one, get the machine to do a hot wash fill for a few mins, turn off the power and see which tap is hot. Follow this hose to the machine and see which inlet it is fitted to. Hot inlet and hose normally coloured red and cold coded blue.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Is this a washer only or a washer/dryer?

Or simply have HOT or H, COLD or C embosed onto the metal work near each connection.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice