Washing M/c Blowing Fuses .

I used to be a member of a mailing list dealing in domestic appliance problems . I left it and now cannot locate it -I had thought it was a Yahoo Group but no success so heres hoping someone will be able to help here . Yesterday my Zanussi Z 9191 T wshing m/c blew a plug fuse twice when using the " whites" programme which uses 95 degrees C wash. I reverted to a "normal " was at 40 degrees C and everyting was fine .

I can only imagine that this is something to do with the heater part of the machine .

Ive had it for about 7 or 8 years so I s'pose I've had my moneys worth out of it . thx in advnce

Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

Yup, sounds like the heater insulation has failed. Easy to replace the heater element (or only do low temp washes).

Reply to
Grunff

Could be. They are very cheap and reasonably easy to replace. Expect around

20 quid for the element and an hour of your time (assuming you haven't done it before).

Sometimes the old element is difficult to withdraw because the rubber gasket expands. If this happens, it might be possible to disassemble the drum to hack the gasket off with a Stanley knife.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

whereabouts in the grand scheme of things does the element sit-presumably in one of the hoses ??

Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

The washing machine consists of a rotating inner metal drum which the clothes sit in and an static outer drum usually made of plastic. At the bottom of the outer drum is a little channel where the water would collect by gravity. The element sits in this puddle. On some washing machines, it is removed from the front panel of the drum under the loading hole. On others, it is removed from the rear panel of the drum, at the bottom.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle