Washing line pole

I need to get hold of a pole to be used for a washing line. Presumably a scaffolding pole is the appropriate choice as these don't rust?

It might seem a bit of a daft question, but where does one go to buy a single scaffolding pole?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I've got a few lying around. Yours for gratis if you can collect from Reading - or anyone else who's interested. (Contact as below.)

Reply to
Ben Edgington

Bracknell -> Reading. Done deal. Will be finding out this afternoon whether it is going to be required, and get back to you if so.

Thanks!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I can remember me ol' Dad diggin' a gurt big 'ole and filling it with concrete into which he set a scaffoldin' pole to support one end of me Mum's washin' line. When last seen - must be more'n 40 years later - it was still standin' strong and proud. Hadn't even developed a lean! If Ben's offerin' one gratis, snatch 'is arm off PoP !!

Reply to
Mike Faithfull

Yes, but what Ben didn't say was that these scaffolding pipes had been set in concrete by your ol' Dad, and if I want one..... ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Heh heh - I'm looking at some fairly rusty ones through the window at the moment. I think they're galvanised steel, so will have a fair life if the galvanizing isn't damaged. You can also get ally ones at a price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Oops .. LOL !!

Reply to
Mike Faithfull

Be sure to cap the top or it will fill with water.

Reply to
Kalico

So then you do what the previous owners of my house did, cover it with topsoil then dig another big hole next to it, concrete another massive lump of concrete for a new post then repeat again... you could have supported the house on one lump it was that big. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.