Washing line pole

I need to get hold of a pole to be used for a washing line. Presumably a scaffolding pole is the appropriate choice as these don't rust?
It might seem a bit of a daft question, but where does one go to buy a single scaffolding pole?
PoP

I've got a few lying around. Yours for gratis if you can collect from Reading - or anyone else who's interested. (Contact as below.)
--
Ben Edgington <><
Note that email to snipped-for-privacy@edginet.org is discarded. However,

Bracknell -> Reading. Done deal. Will be finding out this afternoon whether it is going to be required, and get back to you if so.
Thanks!
PoP

I can remember me ol' Dad diggin' a gurt big 'ole and filling it with concrete into which he set a scaffoldin' pole to support one end of me Mum's washin' line. When last seen - must be more'n 40 years later - it was still standin' strong and proud. Hadn't even developed a lean! If Ben's offerin' one gratis, snatch 'is arm off PoP !!
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:11:11 -0000, "Mike Faithfull"

Yes, but what Ben didn't say was that these scaffolding pipes had been set in concrete by your ol' Dad, and if I want one..... ;)
PoP

Mum's
still
offerin'
Oops .. LOL !!

Mum's
still
offerin'
Be sure to cap the top or it will fill with water.

Heh heh - I'm looking at some fairly rusty ones through the window at the moment. I think they're galvanised steel, so will have a fair life if the galvanizing isn't damaged. You can also get ally ones at a price.
--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:46:09 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

So then you do what the previous owners of my house did, cover it with topsoil then dig another big hole next to it, concrete another massive lump of concrete for a new post then repeat again... you could have supported the house on one lump it was that big. ;-)
Mark S.