Warranty question

We've got a heated towel rail/radiator in the bathroom. A few months ago, it went ping and a bit fell off, emptying the central heating all over the bathroom floor... The manufacturer of the rail have accepted that there's a problem, and it's within warranty. After a bit of flapping back'ards and for'ards with replacement O-rings, there's a replacement rail been delivered.

Except...

It doesn't fit. It's changed dimensions in almost every key way. The valve tails are further apart and higher up. The upper wall mountings are shorter and higher up. The differences are only 5-10mm, but they're different, and they all add up to it just not fitting. To fit it and not have it look like a dog's dinner, there's going to have to be mods to the plumbing - which is under the floor, coming up through tiles. So there's going to have to be tiles replaced. We're moving in a month.

Where on earth do I go from here? I'm buggered if I'm paying for that to be done. I doubt the radiator manufacturer want to... but they haven't got back to me yet.

Reply to
Adrian

There are no "implied terms" in warranties so whatever the wording of the warranty was is what you get. I would be surprised if it did not exclude consequential loss.

Your claim for loss, if any, is against the supplier. However, you do not seem to have given them an opportunity to rectify the situation so cannot expect them now to pick up the bill for someone else's decision to replace rather than repair.

Reply to
Peter Parry