Warped Cabinet Door

I have a number of Luan/Meranti cabinet doors in my kitchen, one of which has warped quite badly. They were made by a firm called Chindwell who have discontinued the range - so I can't buy a replacement. Please can anyone suggest a way of getting the twist out?

TIA, Nick.

Reply to
Nick L

I had the same last week on a kitchen I had fitted - one mdf door, hiding a boiler. Warped like a banana. I've got the new door here now, I plan to stick a sheet of 12mm ply on the back of it, with a few screws into it as well. Not sure whether to use silicone, or wood glue to stick it. Either way, it'll add a lot of strength to the door, so shouldnt warp again. If you can get yours flat by clamping it, then the same thing may work with yours. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Take it to a place that strips doors of paint and get them to sort it. Steam, caustic etc etc

Angle grinder.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Takin' tips off The Medway Handyman now Frank?

I see that he's doin' an article in the "Wiki thingy" on sawboards - I bet he made them using the proverbial "angle grinder" ;-)

Unbeliever

Reply to
Unbeliever

Oh do FOAD Tanner Op, or whatever your current troll name is.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks. Someone else (off group) has suggested this. I'll give it a try.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick L