warning - Machine Mart

to take the credit note, they do not apply.

could not have read that until you received it, after they had entered into= the contract.

redit note or used it before the date.

chers don't expire.

orfeit the value. I think it's a sharp practice.

PS I do not think you will get anywhere with the customer services droids; they have their Machine Mart dodgy practices script and will not deviate f= rom it, even if they agree with your argument.

I think you'll have to start a summons/money claim on-line for it to get = to the legal advisers, who may understand contract law enough to see your p= oint.

=20

Reply to
Onetap

This has no basis in law and you found the good unsuitable due to poor quality. Opening the box is BS and one is not obliged to returned goods with packaging if they are defective.

Reply to
DrTeeth

On Thursday 24 January 2013 22:05 DrTeeth wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Exactly. I just exercised my rights under the DSR with broadbandbuyer.co.uk after buying 3 PDU strips.

The "ears" where not as I had assumed (it made a difference for my application) and the photo on the site not great.

I had opened one, resealed it carefully with every last twist tie present and applied for an RMA. Then posted them back. Had the refund in a week.

This is how it should be.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Thursday 24 January 2013 21:30 Onetap wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Well, if one person who reads this avoids an intended purchase with them, it may have cost them more than they ripped the OP off for.

Stupid sods. Mental note has been made....

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ditto.

Reply to
Onetap

In message , Tim Watts writes

+1 (& they opened a branch near me recently - I now shan't go be tempted in)
Reply to
usenet2012

In article , usenet2012 scribeth thus

Doesn't seem there're "that" cheap anyway....

Reply to
tony sayer

On Friday 25 January 2013 05:33 usenet2012 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It's more find to pop in and tell them why you are driving on to Axminster or wherever :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

+1 At a time when retailers are bending over backwards to please customers, this lot seem to be heading in the other direction.
Reply to
stuart noble

ed to take the credit note, they do not apply.

u could not have read that until you received it, after they had entered in= to the contract.

credit note or used it before the date.

ouchers don't expire.

forfeit the value. I think it's a sharp practice.

from it, even if they agree with your argument.

t to the legal advisers, who may understand contract law enough to see your= point.

PPS They had also got you to accept the credit note by misleading you as = to your rights as a consumer. "opened the box; you can only have a credit n= ot".

Under the Sale of Goods Act.=20 Defective goods mean you can have a refund or replacement, as you please Unfit for purpose means you get your money back.

Reply to
Onetap

to take the credit note, they do not apply.

could not have read that until you received it, after they had entered into the contract.

credit note or used it before the date.

vouchers don't expire.

forfeit the value. I think it's a sharp practice.

from it, even if they agree with your argument.

to the legal advisers, who may understand contract law enough to see your point.

your rights as a consumer. "opened the box; you can only have a credit not".

Might be fun to forward a link to this thread to the silly sods, so they know what good publicity they are creating for themselves... Did someone mention this group gets echoed on twitter recently ;-))

Reply to
John Rumm

your rights as a consumer. "opened the box; you can only have a credit not".

'CREDIT NOT' was a typo, but seems very appropriate.

Reply to
Onetap

Agree ... but I did accept it as I buy fairly frequently form them ... just did not expect it to be turned down when I presented it

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I did try this, they just replied they met their legal obligations by issuing a credit note with T&Cs printed on it.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Suggest a slight reword:

Reply to
polygonum

Do you think they could be bothered to look though lines and lines of unsnipped crap (hint, hint)?

Reply to
DrTeeth

------------8><

Just sent this in an email:

You may be interested to see how your hard work on destroying your own reputation is working out:

Apellation Controlee

IIRC there are such things as unfair contracts.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Aye; but the T&Cs have to be made known to you before you agree to the contract/accepting a credit note. Handing you the T&Cs on the credit note is a fail; the contract has already been made.

Did they tell you of the T&Cs before? If not, then they don't apply. Amateurs.

Reply to
Onetap

contract/accepting a credit note. Handing you the T&Cs on the credit note is a fail; the contract has already been made.

I have now sent another mail to them mail to them ....

The gist of which is:

-------------------------------------------------- "In any event as the goods were not fit for purpose (the reason for return) then under the sale of goods 1979 - I can insist on a refund (I would accept a Credit note you would honour)

If I do not receive satisfactory result from yourself I will sue through the Small Claims Court and that this will entail you having to pay court costs on top of the money you will have to refund to you.

It is clear case in Law that your representative (Store Manager) should have clearly explained the time limit, not wait for me to find out when I present it.

A contract was formed when I agreed to accept a credit note. You didn't tell you about the terms and conditions before I agreed to take the credit note, therefore the conditions do not apply.

It is clear case in Law that you cannot impose conditions after the agreement/ contract/bargain has been made. Your comment that the expiry date is printed on the credit note is invalid in Law; I could not have read that until I had received it, which is after you had entered into the contract.

I trust that you will find it simpler and good customer service to honour the credit note or issue a refund. Plus keep me as a long standing customer. "

Reply to
Rick Hughes