Warning light on rangehood etc

My rangehood has a light and a three speed fan. There's a red warning light to show that the light is on (when that is rather obvious) but not a warni ng light to show that the fan is on. The fan on low speed is extremely quie t so a warning light would be useful.

All of my portable heaters have a warning light to show when it is consumin g power, but the light goes off when the thermostat turns the heater off. I 'd rather the light stayed on if the heater is switched on.

Is there something wrong with my logic?

My ceramic top stove works correctly - there is a warning light if the elem ent is switched on or it is off but is hot.

Reply to
Matty F