Warm Home Discount - yes its a mess, but..

My new partner got it last year and moved in here in February.

I understand if she was living here in July and still had an appropriate benefits entitlement, we would be entitled to to the WHD were she name on the bill. She was and does have the entitlement.

So I have just spoken to our energy supplier (OVO) who has added her name and asked for the WHD be claimed for 2016/17. The supplier has just joined the scheme. We are about to move supplier and some of our cheaper quotes are from suppliers not part of the WHD scheme.

OVO says the discount would be put through to who ever we move to, but speaking to one supplier not in the scheme, we would not get the discount - we would loose it.

Another company on their web site suggests we might/would get a cheque for the amount. Anyone know the true situation please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield