Wanted - Power tool case or toolbox with organisers *inside*

I think I saw one recently while looking for something else but I've no idea where now.

I'm after a power tool case or toolbox with an organiser for small parts (i.e. screws etc.) which is *inside* the case and thus accessible when the box is open.

It never ceases to amaze me how many boxes have the organisers and similar bits and pieces on the outside so that they're inaccessible when the box is open. So what use are screws unless you've opened the box to get your screwdriver out?

Reply to
cl

Personally I like the "metal briefcases" which are on offer periodically from Maplins, these sometimes include a foam inner which you can cut to fit the drill, charger, and spare battery. Then I use things like tobacco tins for drill bits etc. The Maplins ones are good because they have rounded corners. Also they stack together very conveniently.

Reply to
newshound

Yes, I've done similar for a while by using a cheap aluminium 'suitcase' with foam in the bottom and compartment boxes fixed to the inside of the lid but it's now falling apart after several years of use. I could do the same again but I was wondering if there was something ready-made.

Reply to
cl

They are practical, although I used to wind a friend up by asking, "Are you here to fix the photocopier?" whenever he got his toolbox out.

Reply to
Adam Funk

In message , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.net writes

I have a cantilever toolbox that I have had for donkey's years. The usual blue thing with a sort of hammered enamel finish. I love it, but it is fairly heavy and, indoors, I'm always terrified I'll swing it into doors or furniture or something. The toolbox always wins.

So, I thought I would look for a fairly heavy duty plastic equivalent, but have not seen anything suitable listed as tool box. Have a look at fishing tackle boxes, which are often large and adaptable. I haven't made a decision yet.

Reply to
News

Bought one of mine from Poundstretcher but many years ago. About 10" x

24" x 8". Very cheap but surprisingly robust. Has tray inside top which lifts out.
Reply to
Capitol

I have one big orange "Pirahna" thing with a small parts box on the outside - but it is detachable. (only don't leave it attached with the top open and then open the main lid - DAMHIK)

Separate parts boxes that you can sling in a normal toolbox also work.

Reply to
John Rumm

I had an Irwin tool bag which had a plastic organiser in the false base. Great idea, screws & plugs in the organiser, drill driver & stuff n the bag.

Trouble was, the weight of the tools caused the base to collapse so you couldn't slide the organiser out.

Returned it to Axminster who refunded immediately. Irwin don't seem to make it anymore.

I'd love one that worked.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman