Wanted, Old MK metal clad light switches

Hi, a friend of mine is looking to renovate an old unit which originally was fitted with MK metal clad light switches, the sort with a black (Bakelite?) toggle. I don't suppose any one is doing a renovation and removing any of these are they/ Or got some NoS around?

Reply to
Bill

Sounds like the old-style grid switches. Did a quick search on eBay - not much there, and I could only see them in white (which was much more common).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I shall quiz him further Dave, they are actually for an old BBC OB truck.

Ebay has been looked at for a while Andrew, problem there is filtering out all the newer MK switches, but so far none have turned up.

Reply to
Bill

Do you have a piccy available of what you are looking for ? If so, please send it to my inbox Jim G

Reply to
the_constructor

In message , the_constructor writes

Not at the moment, I will ask my friend if he has, if so I'll copy it to you, thanks.

Reply to
Bill

In message , the_constructor writes

If any one is interested I've put a photo of a similar 13A socket on photobucket. We are after some sockets as well as the light switches. Apparently it is possible that the switches had some form of guard either side of the switch to prevent accidental operation.

Reply to
Bill

The ones I referred to are actually GEC, made in England.

Unlike MK grids with slidey clips these ones just spring into the grid. I have also uploaded a couple of old style MK grid switches to the wiki at

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog