Wanted - Hob Ignition Spark Generator - suggestions for source please

Any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement HT Spark generator - mine has become tempramental;

The hob is c. 1988. Parkinson Cowan / Thorn Onyx. The unit is fed from a single C Cell. Makers name - Turnright GL830.

Ideally I want a second hand one as I must get a new hob soon.

John

In message , John writes

Don't you have a place around that repairs cookers and washing machines?

That would be my first point of call if I were you

I could have a look at it for you, but I'll be too busy when we open again on monday

Reply to
geoff

Try espares:

supplied me with my replacement spark generator.

Mike

Reply to
Mikeyboy

It is failing electrically - I have tried re-soldering some of the connections - but it is still tempremental (as well as distorted)

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

so it does actually work sometimes then

Reply to
geoff

Yes - it makes a faint whine and you can see a glow inside a cylindrical component. It is failing to click and make a spark.

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

looks like this but clear glass ?

the spark gap - basically you feed a capacitor until the voltage reaches the discharge voltage of the spark gap which then discharges at a high dv/dt which induces that spark at the secondary

Reply to
geoff

good ?

Reply to
gazz

That is very similar. It glows inside when I press the switch. Earlier a lose connection was causing nothing to happen - until I gained access - moved the input spade and then it worked until my wife next used it. Will try a new battery today - although the last one lasted for about 10 years and this has only been in for a few months.

Reply to
John