Wanted Heat Pump Engineer in Cumbria

A friend in rural NW Cumbria has a 6kW Thermia Diplomat heatpump system which has given her a lot of problems over the last few years. It has apparently "died" with fluid coming out of the heatpump itself. She has been unable to find anyone willing to come and sort the problem out with the only response over the phone being "that a complete new system including external heat source piping will be needed as you cant swap bits between makers" or we only deal with XYZ's systems and dont touch other makes". Anyone know of reputable companies who might assist ?

Reply to
Robert

might know of somebody in her area who have a vague clue about her pump...

Reply to
Adrian

Apparently no UK agents anymore ! Installation company no longer in existence . I would hope a good installer/engineer's knowledge and ability would not be tied to a single manufacturer ?

Reply to
Robert

I suspect the problem is not knowledge or ability, but the availability of spare parts. I had a similar problem with a Spanish made boiler in southern France. I found a boiler maintenance man who was willing to come out and look, but after half an hour (for which he made no charge) he had to admit it would need parts he simply couldn't get, so was unrepairable.

Reply to
Nightjar

Thermia's website claims

Ashgrove Renewables UK Crossfield Fort, Crossfield Road Industrial Estate Lichfield, Staffordshire WS136RJ

0845 4345458 snipped-for-privacy@ashgrove-energy.com

but the website looks a blurry mess and want to redirect you to danfoss heatpumps so maybe they were the last disty?

Reply to
Andy Burns