wallpaper steamer/stirppers

Hello,

I was thinking of buying one of those wallpaper steamers. Are they all more or less the same, or is any one make better/worse than the rest?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Go to

and have a look at 7112180. We've had one for a few years and it's worked well.

Earlex have been around for years and have a generally good reputation:

Bruce

I have an Earlex, does what it says on the tin. I guess the things to watch for are the length of the hose and length of the flex. The Argos one in another post only has a 1.5m flex, and 3m hose.

The one I have is the Earlex SS100:

hose and 2m mains lead. It's also on castors so follows you about rather than tipping over that I can envisage being a risk with non-wheeled jobbies.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

proof.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Used one of these for the last 20 years. Good but can take plaster off if held on the wall too long

Alang

I *believe* the Argos steamer I referred to earlier is a re-badged Earlex.

Don't worry too much about the 1M difference in the cable and hose lengths: they haven't been an issue in any of the two staircases and dozen rooms I've stripped so far, and one of them was 24' x 15' x 8'.