Wallpaper paste recommendations, please!

Twelve years ago I used to be a decorator - now I just do it for fun (ha!)

Our sitting room ceiling needs to be lined prior to painting as it's a bit rough. I always used to use powder paste for lining paper, but I forget which brand I used. I asked an old colleague and he said he only uses tub paste these days. I recently tried it on the dining room wall and it was horrible to use - thick, gloopy, expensive and the edges lifted. Also, I have a pasting machine which works a treat but not with tub paste.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a powder paste suitable for

1000 grade lining paper onto matt emulsion? Or are they all the same?

Thanks

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips

Polycell,theres' no substitue. Comes in a yellow sachet.

Reply to
George

Do NOT be tempted to buy cheap paste - it *will* go lumpy.

Polycell, as George says.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot