Wallpaper and Lining

Hi all,

We're about to embark on redecoration of our downstairs. We've stripped all the wood chip (what fun we had!) and now we're ready to re-wallpaper. The walls are simply bare plaster and are quite bad in some places (i.e. filled cracks and bumps and badly joined sections of plaster). I was wondering if someone could answer the following for me:

1) Should we size the walls before papering?

2) Should we use lining paper before the final paper (final paper hasn't been chosen yet but will probably have some kind of subtle embossed pattern to try and help cover the uneven walls)

3) If we do need lining paper - does that need to be sized before hanging the final paper of do we just put the paper straight up?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/comments.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Conway

drsabrown