wall ties for cavity against existing wall

I will be building an aercrete block wall in front of an existing 9" brick wall forming a 75mm cavity. The cavity will have full-fill 75mm insulation batts. I need to find some wall ties that screw into the existing wall and fit normally to the new inner skin, and that also take insulation retaining clips. Anyone know where can I find these ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If it's getting full fill batts, you don't need retaining clips, you simply lay a row of blocks and poke the batts down (keep the cavity clean!)...when you require ties, simply drill, plug and screw in.

Don't attempt to install all the screw-iun ties and the batts before building - it will only end in tears.

Reply to
Phil L

Do you push the ties through the battts (make a little slit) ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The batts are the same height as two blocks, so you shouldn't really need to, but if you do need to, you can simply drill through, screw in and push the fibreglass onto it - they rip quite easily and most screw-in ties are the 'fishtail' type.

Make sure you use stainless ones.

And I've just realised you meant 'tears' as in 'rips', whereas I meant 'tears' as in tears before bedtime.

Reply to
Phil L