Wall starter plates

I intend to build a 215mm solid block wall. Do I need to use 2 wall start plates, as below

parallel (side by side) or will one suffice

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

Nick H

I've never understood the benefit of using these things. They were intended to avoid cutting toothings in existing walls, but a few plugs and screws aren't going to give anywhere near as much lateral restraint - you might just as well screw a few cheap frame cramps to the old wall.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

They are intended to allow movement, as is likely when you put a new building next to an old one on separate foundations.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

thanks

Reply to