wall preparation / burglar alarm questions

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:12:40 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

Agreed.
Yes, but not a single loop. You get a tamper alarm but haven't a clue where to start loking so you have to disconnect each loop segment until you find the problem, *if* it's still there.
Our system has a individual alarm and tampers loops per zone. You get an indication of which zone has raised the tamper, which is also logged. If you are in you can head straight off with the base ball bat to that part of the building...

Hum, is that a bucket of sand I see? Our panel is nothing special, and about 10 years old... It's not a shed bought cheapy unit but I wouldn't want a panel that can't tell me which zone a tamper has taken place in.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

But unless you're using a four zoned panel to cover a building the size of Buckingham Palace, which is possible with booster power supplies by the way, then there aren't many places to look for faults or intruders. And by the time you got to the control panel to see where it is indicating, your ass could possibly be grass as walk straight in to the intruder.
The same sameness is creeping back in. AAAAAaaaaaarrrrrggggh !!!!!!!
:-)) LSMIPM
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:11:41 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

The point is the fault can be anywhere on a *single* tamper loop. Is *all* your wiring surface mounted so you can at least visually inspect it. Doesn't help with a staple slowly cutting through the insulation over a number of years. Do the premises you install systems in *never* have mice or rats? Or even the occupiers bashing an exposed cable.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Not when the screws are undone on the outside box, even when unset.
Adam

"Not" (?) when the screws are undone on the outside box ???? So what is inside to tell you that someone has pinched your external sounder ?
Ah Ha !!! It's one of Exitdoors installations. (I claim my five pounds)
LOL :-)) (really sorry, I just can't resist these temptations)
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

It's one of Exitdoors installations.
What the F*** is a Exitdoors installation?
Adam

Sorry Adam ! And especially SORRY !!! to Exiddor. And all this time I've been reading it as Exitdoor.
Me' needs new Gregory's, me' is finkin' :-(
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com