Wall Mounted Oil Fired Boliers

Hi,

Anyone any experience of wall mounted oil fired boilers? So far I have found these:

HRM Wallstar Trianco Eurostar Worcester Danemoor Boulter Camray

But which is best? Factors like how noisy are they, inside and out, reliability, etc. Anyone anything good or bad to say about these?

BTW the figures for oil consumption are all very similar so nothing to choose between them there.

The Danemoor is the most compact and the cheapest, and probably the easiest to fit in my house. But it only has a 2yr warranty where as some of the others have a 2yr plus 3yr on the heat exchanger (5yrs in all on HE). Is this significant?

BTW I should say this is a replacement for coal fired room heater so not an easy installation. A wall mount is easier since it won't mess the kitchen up as much as a floor mount. I've also looked at external boilers and I know about the change in the law come April 2005 (so I might be changing my heating in March b*^%%$% government!).

Reply to
Malcolm Reeves

They are all very similar and use commonly available burners. Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

Mass produced so although they are made within tolerances although individual machines will vary slightly. The volume of running noise is similar but you should try to go and see a few in operation to satisfy yourself as to the acceptability of the sound levels. The Trianco and the Boulter are quite common to see around most country areas I prefer the Trianco but thats just my opinion. Beware of the Trianco "in the wall" versus "on the wall" models as you may be hard pressed to get someone to turn out to an in the wall model in bad weather since they are serviced from outside in the rain/snow.

Not really - as long as you do not have a system water quality problem.

Don't forget that having to lift the oil up to a wall mounted boiler is extra strain on the oil pump and can and does shorten the oil pump life by at least a couple of years (they are not a cheap item). Could you not install an external floor mounted model with its own weatherproof casing and frost protection? There are a number of these available and I think the Firebird models are well engineered. They are all best kept as close to the house wall as possible top avoid heat loss between boiler housing and dwelling. The weather can be a service factor as with the in the wall models above but its easier to shelter from the weather at low level than standing up on a short ladder

Reply to
John