Wall lights - how to terminate cable in plaster?

I'm wiring our new shower room before it's plastered and I want to provide a cable to a lit mirror that will be fitted in the future - what's the accepted way to terminate the cable until needed? In a conduit box buried in the plaster? With a cable outlet plate? or ???

Reply to
Dave

I generally tape it up carefully and either leave it hanging out, or if its to be put into a switch , coil up in the backplate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd generally put it in a back box with a blank plate over it.

Reply to
BigWallop

Use a metal "architrave" box which should be below the antisipated level of the plaster. Curl the cable up into the box that way it doesn't get in the way of the plasterers straight edges or trowel, and afterwards you have a hole to hide the chock block behind any kind of wall light. Use a cable detector to find it after plastering.

Vista

Reply to
Vista