Wall-hung toilet pan question

We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking at using a frame like this.

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be confident that it'll fit?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Mmm not sure anyone would guarantee that... The frame I fitted (gerberit iirc) adjusted in many ways, to fit a separately bought pan. I remember checking tech drawings etc before committing but the frame was an eBay bargain so I took the plunge!

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

As a general rule they seem to be standard - however I would not rule out there being more than one standard out there!

Reply to
John Rumm

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why on earth would anyone want a wall-hung toilet? It makes no engineering sense whatsoever. Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below there's a floor.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall, so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it is easy to clean the whole floor.

Reply to
DJC

....bacuase cleaning around a toilet of too difficult...!

The load is still cantilvered. The load will try to rotate around the lowest fixing point or support.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Not to mention a very "minimalist" visual effect with no visible cistern or plumbing.

Reply to
John Rumm