Wall hung cupboard adjusters

Hello, I need to replace the adjusters on the back of some wall hung cupboards and shelves (actually Tapley units). The adjusters are a two part item on the bottom edge of the shelf/cupboard. The outer part has about a 3/8 inch diameter shallow thread to go into the chipboard/mdf etc edge and the inner part threads into this with a large(ish) 3/4 inch diameter flat plat that pushes against the wall to move the whole lower edge of the shelf to achieve accurate front to back horizontal adjustment of the whole unit.

Any suggestions please as to where I can obtain such?

Regards, Colin

Reply to
Colin Brook

Sorry - don't really follow your description - a photo would have helped. Maybe something like this would help?

If so, a) make sure you get the wall plates if required; b) you need a right and a left; c)

-- Rod

Hypothyroidism is a seriously debilitating condition with an insidious onset. Although common it frequently goes undiagnosed.

Reply to
Rod

Which part has broken? The threaded part that goes into the wood could be replaced with a nutsert for wood

The bolt part that holds the bottom of the cabinet away from the wall is a plastic-headed screw. If you can't get, say, a suitable nylon screw, would a suitable alternative be a steel one with a plastic screw-cap glued on? It's not readily visible.

The only time I've had to replace a Tapley fitting (hinges), they were provided at no charge by Beaver & Tapley. Pehaps contacting them directly will gain access to their spares department? Their contact details are available via Google, assuming they're still trading...

Reply to
John Weston

Sorry Rod, I realised it wasn't easy to follow but the nutserts

that John has identified is what I'm looking for. Thanks for help.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Brook

In message on Sat, 14 Mar

2009, John Weston wrote

Thanks for that - the nutserts will provide what I want I think. I'll try Tapley but these days they don't seem very responsive.

Thanks again, Colin

Reply to
Colin Brook