Wall gromits for cables in to walls

I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double gromit ? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Any advice welcomed :)

thanks

Reply to
Pete

Next time you see a sky installers van, stick around and ask the installer for a handful of his cable gromits. They do single and dual cable ones in White plastic and you can't get them anywhere else. Last time I asked, the chap gave me about 50 of them so, it's all in the approach :)

A bit of silicone and BYU!

D.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Use a cooker cable outlet.

Owain

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate with 2 sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate with 4 holes drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Steve Walker

Oops, sorry, just noticed that you said double!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Are these the Sky ones mentioned earlier?

Tim Watts

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions ..... buuuut I had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the search of wall tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

Reply to
Pete

plate! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Most of the commercial guys, ie Sky and Virgin seem to use their squirtable gunge for this sort of thing. Silicone elastomer I think is the correct term, but I prefer gunge, as the few times I've tried to use it it gets everwhere.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's still worth stalking the sky man... Cos it means you can get what you want for free... And today! :) also if you get a really nice man there's often other things in his van that you might spot and 'might' get ;)

But it's good that you can now get these elsewhere... I usually need them then and there and no local trade counters do them... Especially the double ones.

Reply to
Dean Heighington

As a general comment on this whole thread (and the Subject:) isn't the correct spelling grommet?

I blame it all on Wallace and Gromit! (I hope I've spelled that right).

Oh, my dictionary does give grummet as an alternative.

Reply to
tinnews

Yes, I was going to make some comment about wall mounted claymation dogs, but was lacking a round tuit.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Until now :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Neee nawwww neee naaaw spelling police :) hehe

Your right it is, slap on my wrist it just goes to show being a massive Wallace and Gromit fan has influenced my spelling.

Back on to the subject I saw a sky van locally and asked and he said they use silicone of some sort to fill holes now as its cheaper.

Reply to
Pete

I must have got to him before you and cleaned him out of 'Gromits' :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington

when they decorated the lounge a couple of years earlier. Odd that for two years they never noticed 3 CT100 cables coiled up behind their TV:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth