Wall cost - plus planning

How much could I expect to pay for this wall to be built...

6' high x 15' long. Boundary wall between suburb properties in East Mids area.

I was told I can get "seconds" bricks from a builders merchants and as this wall is hidden I guess would be ok to use? (I supply the bricks + delivery costs)

Do I need planing permisssion for this edifice? (It's on my property's boundary). Thanks.

Reply to
dave

No idea on costs.

Planning permission probably not needed as long as it is not in front of the building line or adjacent to a highway.

Google for The Party Wall etc Act 1996. It includes garden walls on your own property adjacent to others property. We have very difficult neighbours so went for a fence instead.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Probably more than the £400 I was quoted for a fence about that size. Less than the £3,000 I'm paying to build a wall and 4.5m x 2.5m shed from blockwork there instead.

The only way to find out for sure is to go to a number of local builders and get quotes. The price will vary according to how much they want the job.

If it is hidden, why not use blockwork? It will be quicker to build and time is likely to cost you more than materials.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar