Wall cavity insulation

You might be still alive because the room is getting air through holes in the cavity wall (probably below floor level). When you fill the cavity wall with foam, those holes will be blocked, the air won't get to the fire and you will die a slow and lingering death.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

|>> It can reduce the amount of natural parasitic ventilation below a safe |>> level for an open flued appliance. | |> Can we have that in English, please? | |You might be still alive because the room is getting air through holes in |the cavity wall (probably below floor level). When you fill the cavity wall |with foam, those holes will be blocked, the air won't get to the fire and |you will die a slow and lingering death.

Which is what I said in simpler terms in another post. Thanks :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Indeed. I posted my original version before yours appeared. My latest epistle was in response to a request for translation. ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

|> Which is what I said in simpler terms in another post. |> Thanks :-) | |Indeed. I posted my original version before yours appeared. My latest |epistle was in response to a request for translation. ;-)

I might have asked for a translation if Mary had not got in first ;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The cavity is filled with fibrous rockwool which is blown in, not a solid mass which bungs up every hole!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Surely not, although I have noticed that Mary does appreciate a less sententious reply than some.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If it doesn't stop airflow, then it will be a pathetic insulator, whether it is made of plastic foam, fibres, newspapers or anything else.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

We noticed a difference from Day 1.

I've recommended it to lots of people. We had it done years ago when we had to pay more than the cost today even if you don't have a grant. It's exactly the same system which is being done today, same company too.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm not suggesting that your insulation doesn't work, just that it WILL block up every hole, or prevent airflow getting to that hole, by preventing airflow within the cavity.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I think you're wrong but there's no point in pursuing it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher