Wall Anchor Set/Tool Set ,£8. 99 eac h *

FYI available from Aldi on Thursday.

at £8.99, the setting tool alone costs more than that IIRC.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How useful are these things really? I'll admit to not being convinced its worthwhile.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I find them very usefil in studwork but I have found a couple of issues with this type of setting tool - bring it in from cold shed means condensation on the pulling shaft and the friction grips works less well - the pulling anvil is fixed to the shaft with a allen caphaed screw (at least the ones from sf) if this becomes loose and you dont notice then setting a fixing can often strip the thread out of the shaft - I've had 2 go like that in the 10 years I've used sf's version - I much prefefr the cantilever type with 2 handles but they are not so easy to get into confined spaces

Reply to
Ghostrecon