walking washing machine

Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its walking! The kitchen floor is plane wooden floor boards as its above my cellar, at some stage soon a slate floor is going to be laid and I'll get the builders to slate under the washing machine, which will hopefully calm things down, but in the mean time I need to stop the bloody thing from moving out of the room! The washing machine is a 1600 spin and when its spinning it moves a fair old bit. I have put 18mm of chipboard under it but this doesn't seem to have helped much, apart from putting in a bigger bit of board and screwing it into some joists has anyone got any other ideas?
Kerry
I had the same problem with a friends washing machine. I opened up the top cover and found that the people that installed it had left a transit bracket still fitted. I removed the bracket and had no more trouble.

but
of
Is the weight being equally taken by all 4 feet? Can you rock it yourself. At least one front foot will be adjustable. Take advice about transit bracket first.
--

Regards

John

"BIGEYE" < snipped-for-privacy@MSpatch.com> wrote in message

exactly why top spin speed machines arent popular, its difficult to stop them going walkies.
One option is to tie the machine in place with nylon rope: the rope's give allows it to vibrate but not walk. OK if you can get behind the machine when its in place. Means sinking some hooks into something solid too. Only tie to the base of the machine, not higher up.
Another is just to reduce the max speed it does. Etc etc - none of them are ideal, but usable.
Regards, NT
     snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) writes:

Strange -- the 1400 RPM on my old Hotpoint is probably the most stable spin speed, as it's well above the resonant frequency of the case and framework. Even unbalanced, the machine stays rock solid. If it's very unbalanced prior to moving up to spin speed and the machine fails a third attempt to re-balance the load, it will only do 1000 RPM.
--
Andrew Gabriel

snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote in message wrote in message news:> >> Right the new washing machine is now up and running, at long last, and its

Indeed, and theres no contradiction between those facts. Think about it.
Regards, NT

My 1600 spin integrated (currently being used as freestanding) is the most stable I've ever used. Hardly shakes at all.
Christian.

Fit Tico (tm) pads underneath. See RS components website for data. Also if noise is a problem try Sheffield insulations for solutions.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

Z wrote:

Didn't see the original article... This might be asking the obvious, but as the OP said it's a *new* washing machine, have the shipping/transit bolts been removed from it?
Regards Paul
Z wrote:

Fit a long extesnion cable to it, and a lead for the dog, and stop worrying and let them both trot down the garden.

Kerry - what make is it - I have had 2 Hotpoints shaking my house, (7 flats), to bits for a year. I've just bought a Hoover, which doesnt shake the house at all.
My other half has a Hotpoint on a concrete floor, and it shakes like mad.
--
Richard Faulkner
Faulkner & Faulkner