Waht's the best way to paint sharp edges?

To clarify, I'm talking about the edges of shelves, here's the edge of a wooden shelf, with + representing paint This is what I'd like to achieve:

++++++++++++++++++++ wood wood wood wood+ wood wood wood wood+ wood wood wood wood+ wood wood wood wood+ ++++++++++++++++++++

But when I paint shelves, paint builds up on the corners marked "here" and tends to chip off when the paint hardens.

+++
Reply to
Jan Wysocki

Jan,

Simple really,

After you have finished painting the shelves (and long before they start to dry), 'dry' the brush off by rubbing it against the top of the paint kettle or tin, and then gently rub this 'dry' brush over the flat surfaces to remove the excess paint.

This method is also used after painting vertical surfaces, such as doors, to prevent excess paint forming the ubiquitous 'curtains' down the doors as its drying. And that's one of the reasons why I *never* use non-drip or one-coat paints - they tend to be put on thicker and 'run' as a result.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Will commercial stuff not be sprayed?

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

The answer is that normally the edges would be slightly rounded. It does not need to be much, just enough to allow the paint to be able to adhere properly. Just run a hard edge down the aris of the shelf to flatten the corner very slightly. You won't notice it from more than a couple of inches away after it is painted.

Reply to
John Rumm