VW recall

I don't disagree - but I've got better things to do than be a test case!

What I was saying all along was "would refusing a recall invalidate or otherwise affect your insurance". I reckon there is a non zero chance it would.

Reply to
Tim Watts

It may increase the costs of repair if its a custom paint job and the insurer may want to charge you more if the potential costs to them are higher.

Reply to
dennis

Why would you bother arguing with a troll? It doesn't make you look any smarter. Quite the contrary actually.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes, different colours of paint cost more.... are you smoking something illegal?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It was serious statistical analysis. Just because your uncle is stupid doesn't make it wrong.

It's a fitted accessory.

Precisely.

Reply to
bert

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Don't screw it down then.

That's not what you said. You said it cost them more.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It's not an insurance issue, but the government will have to have a sanction for those who don't do the recall. This sanction is likely to be that you will have to pay for the excess emission in the future once the fix is available, or could be future MoT failure.

They probably haven't given this much thought yet, but as the first few people take theirs in to be fixed and report noticable power reduction as a result, other people will choose not to get theirs corrected unless there's a sanction in place.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sorry I misread your comment. But you are still wrong - the prang was just that - a prang, not a roll-over.

Reply to
bert

I've never understood why people want comprehensive insurance. Unless you know you're a bigger risk than your insurance company thinks you are. Wouldn't you be better driving more carefully?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

because a tree might fall on my car

or some wanker may crash into it parked in the road and drive off without leaving his name

etc...

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Very unlikely.

Uninsured pot.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

do you mean the government scheme

that only pays out for personal injury

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I wasn't aware the government had anything to do with it. I thought all the insurance companies had an agreement. For example, you crash into me, it's your fault and you have no insurance and refuse to pay up then run away. I get money form the uninsured fund to repair my car then if you're identifiable, the insurance companies go after you, if not, they just accept the loss and take it from everyone's premium.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Only if you have comprehensive insurance

the question was, "what does comprehensive insurance insurance give you that third party does", and funnily enough, this is the answer

tim

Reply to
tim.....

ote:

"The Motor Insurers=E2=80=99 Bureau, MIB, is what you are thinking of. This is a not for profit organisation for innocent victims of negligent = uninsured and untraced drivers of motor vehicles. The vehicles being as = defined in the Road Traffic Act. MIB is funded through insurance premium= s paid by insured motorists through a monthly levy on motor insurers. It mainly compensates for what it terms as property damage and personal = injury as long as the innocent party is legally insured in the event of = an accident with an uninsured driver. It doesn=E2=80=99t matter what lev= el of insurance, be it comprehensive, third party fire and theft or just= third party cover, the innocent party has,"

From

d-driver.html

-- =

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Careful choice of words there, I think; "UK taxpayers will not incur higher Vehicle Excise Duty if their existing vehicles....."

I read that as saying that, when you sell your existing VAG vehicle, the new owner will have to pay higher Vehicle Excise Duty appropriate to the emissions. That may make the vehicles unsellable, or reduce their resale value.

Reply to
amcmaho

Vehicles are taxed according to their CO2 output. VW have already stated that economy will not be affected by any reprogramming.

As for performance...., who knows?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Paranoid much?

Reply to
Andy Burns

you read it wrong

the weasel words mean "we are still thinking about whether we will ask VW to pay"

(but the probably wont)

Reply to
tim.....

If both performance and economy are not effected, why this fraud in the first place?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)