VSO Projects

I have just been proof reading a book for an author who has written a bio of his experiences of working oversees on VSO projects.

(It an hoot if he ever put it on line I#ll add a linkl.)

What I asked him to do is write a book of projects for training others to go in his stead, simple stuff like Pythagoras technique for squaring corners for example and building with local materials (stone and clay footing would you believe?)

But he is old and was planning a book of more of the local stuff. So I asked if I could start it. The thing is, I will run out of ideas. Any chance of some help. I don't want British building code rules and stuff, just ideas about sheds for school rooms for people who have walked 10 miles and have no money for food let alone equipment.

I really would like suggestions of low cost techniques.

I#ll get his permission to post a few extracts of the book he wrote so you can see what I mean.

Be kind to me I am not that profient at other trades. TIA.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I'm sorry if this is an unhelpful comment but building regulations do exist in places such as Uganda, Ethiopia and Rwanda. The level of compliance may not be as high as here (let alone as in Germany, Switzerland etc). But some (many?) NGOs may wish to comply with the local codes - especially for schools.

Reply to
Robin