VOSA

Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small custom-built trailer?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Trailers need approval? Thought they where exempt or are we in a cross over period where old ones have "grandfather rights" but new ones need approval?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I didn't even know they needed it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It change within the last year.

AJH

Reply to
news

Build an old-looking one then ;-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

£70 according to

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

You built it several years ago, remember?

Reply to
Adrian

Nothing if you plate it as being built before the cutoff date

Reply to
The Other Mike

Thanks for that; the one sensible answer received.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

For certain values of sensible.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

C'mon bill, surely you realise not everyone knows that trailers now need approving,

i certainly didn't, and i was planning on building one to carry a LWB recumbent i was going to buy that is as long as my car, so a bit too much overhang for a rear rack,

I already have the suspension units, hubs and wheels, hitch, lights, mudguards and so on from the dog carrying trailer i built to tow behind the scooter when abroad

Everyone loved it except the Spanish cops, trust them to have a law saying no live animals in a trailer towed by a motorbike, luckily the dumb foreigner routine paid off and i was allowed to ride back to the motorhome with it instead of a fine and impoundment of the trailer... my own fault, someone did warn me before i went, but i didn't believe them.

And Mr nice Spanish cop even commented that it was the best dog trailer he'd ever seen, I'd used an extra large airline dog crate, mounted to a chassis, then built a roll cage around it, double rear LED lights and a flag with a light at the top, window for the dog to look forwards (double locking cage door at the rear), fan in the roof run from a battery on the trailer, charged from the scoot as we drove along, and a temp sensor inside with the display on the scoots handlebars, plus a 5 litre water container and a water dish mounted on the front,

Reply to
Gazz