Volex or GE split load consumer unit?

I notice that Screwfix sell two split load consumer unit kits and wondered what people thought about the brands.
I have always stuck to MK in the past but these prices from Screwfix are excellent, if they are any good.
First is by Volex http://tinyurl.com/tfa0 60
Second is by GE http://tinyurl.com/tfaa 74
They also have one on clearance for only 50 but the brand is Clipsal, which I have never heard of. Has anyone else? I suspect it is just a badged box.
Thanks for any advice. Rob
--
Tel. 07010 703 702
snipped-for-privacy@kalico.spam
Kalico wrote:

They stocked the Clipsal before switching to GE. I've got the clipsal and it does the job; enough knockouts in the right places, although the plastic is a bit rough in places. The DIN rail is thick enough, the switchgear operates OK, so I can't really say it has any faults. As it's tucked away under the stairs it is fit for purpose.
--
Toby.

Toby wrote:

I got the Clipseal garage CU from them and imho it quite good.
Thanks for all your advice - I think for the extra 10 I will go with the Volex since the Clipsal is discontinued and you never know if an MCB or similar might fail in the future.
Cheers Rob

Clipsall make damned good external IP66 electrical accessories, Screwfix also sell those I believe. So other issues notwithstanding that'd give me confidence in using their branded product.
cheers Richard -- Richard Sampson