Vokera Service - pleasant suprise!

I have a Vokera Excell 96 combi which must be 12+ years old. I 'inherited' it 7 years ago when I moved in and I certainly have not had it serviced in that time. Well last week I noticed the water pressure rose dramatically as the temperature rose. Thinking it was probably the expansion vessel I decided to bite the bullet and get it serviced. I rang Vokera (expecting the "You still got one of those sir" type of responses). No, they quoted me and gave me the number of a local agent (Servo in North London) who gave us a date and time. They duly arrived and spent a good 90 minutes fiddling with the boiler

- they seemed to replace a number of parts - mainly rubber diaphragms

- and presented me with the bill. £100. Well I was amazed, even smiled !! I think that was a bargain considering my car service (24K) cost over £300 (for probably just changing the oil).

So well done Vokera.

Tim PS I have nothing to do with Vokera or servo. PPS Sorry for spoting off just unusual to be pleased with 'service' - seems a rare thing these days.

Reply to
tzd3sw