Vokera Compact 24 - Explosive ignition 1st time.

I have just had a Vokera Compact 24 installed. I then couldn't get hold of the installer and so I had to get it finished from somebody else. The problem now is that no-one will sign off the boiler, as they won't sign off someone else's work.

The boiler works fine but when it fires up for the first time it makes a small bang. If I then turn the tap off and back on again it is fine until i leave it for a couple of hours or so and I'm back to my small bang again.

Any ideas as to what is causing the ignition problems the first time around.

Secondly is the boiler still covered by warranty as the 2nd installer said it wouldn't be until the boiler was signed off.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Reply to
lavenders19

Could air be getting in the gas side when its at rest? That would cause a bang. If it is then its a cause for concern. I fitted one of these 18months ago and its been fine from day 1. They are a doddle to install, only an incompetent could get it wrong.

Reply to
OldBill