Vokera 80-20 Flowmatic - 'fully modulating' for shower?

Hi

I'm about the get the bathroom done, and looking at the modern showers there's a lot of stuff about having a 'fully modulating' combi boiler if you want any of the fancy thermostatic ones (eg Mira Combiforce),

I've got a pretty old Vokera 80-20 Flowmatic, and I don't know whether it is fully modulating or not - can anyone tell me?

Does it really matter about this - or should I be looking for a new boiler as well if I want to get one of these showers?

Thanks

James

Reply to
JamesReed

In article , JamesReed writes

AFAICS that is a step modulating boiler, the installation instructions describe its operation as, "modulating between high and low flame" rather than continuously modulating.

I know a couple of people with step modulating Vokeras and both houses have electric showers which may be a good indication of what suits them. You would need to be certain of having enough flow to keep the boiler on high flame at all times which given the available hot flow on these old timers shouldn't be too hard but I would be wary of buying an expensive shower on that assumption.

Reply to
fred