Vitodens 200

Noticed a small leak from my Vitodens 200 system boiler today. It's coming from what appears to be a thermocouple (its a brass cylinder with a thin copper tube going to the PCB) in the water return. What does that do?

I've been online to spares places to try and find it - although not knowing what it's called doesn't help and I couldn't find any pics that matched up.

Have to try and find the paperwork tomorrow.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Seems it's a manometer. Presumably to work the gauge which shows the water pressure?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Possibly but as it goes to the PCB, it will measure the system pressure and shut down the boiler if it falls below a prescribed limit.

If the pressure gauge is electronic, the same sensor might be used for the display but otherwise a simple selef contained mechanical pressure gauge is probably used for the display.

The term manometer is more associated with measuring gas pressures which is not likely to be monitored by your boiler but also could be measuring fan air pressure which will be monitored by the control system.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A manometer is simply a device for measuring gas or liquid pressure.

In this case it pokes into the water return to the boiler, so I'd guess it simply measures the water pressure - being a pressurized system. Won't know if it cuts off the boiler if the pressure is too low until I change it when the new one arrives on Monday. It's then I'll find all it needed was a new O ring. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fluid pressure then.

Reply to
Graham.

The new part arrived today and it's simply a 'mechanical' gauge connected by a copper tube to the sensor. No electrical connection. Had it not been winter, I'd have removed it first - and then tried a new O ring.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)