Virtual DIY!!! The UK seems to be building a Wall of Words....?

My daughter just sent me this url...

It's a site that's helping kids with communication disabilities. Costs nothing to do and quite cute!

My word is 'forever'! :D

You can also win prizes.

Its sponsored by OpenReach - I think they are part of BT or something?

Reply to
scarysam_lawrence

You have posted your message to the WRONG GROUP - this one is for DIY in the UK. A good clue is in the title.

Why don't BT Openreach just donate the money ? I see they are harvesting emails from the site - make you you use a fake email address and tick the box for not selling your details to other companies. I hate large companies that pull stunts in the name of charity to avoid unwanted attention.

I also hate private limited companies registered as a charity with company directors paid vast profits when that money could be put to good use. Lot of emotional blackmail is used at times which is wrong. People working for charities should do it because they want to, not because they want paying.

Reply to
Si

It's got an opt-in policy, therefore there are no tick boxes for opting out. Try reading

"If you would like to be contacted by I CAN, you can opt to receive information on the add a word page. I CAN would also like to share your contact details with other like minded organisations, and if you are happy for us to do this, you can opt in for this too."

Reply to
Darran Ames

Si wrote

ICAN obviously feel the same as you because last year they reduced=20 expenditure on pay for the top levels.

Emoluments of higher paid employees: =09=09=09Number in 2006 =09Number in 2005

=A360,001 to =A370,000=09=092=09=095 =A370,001 to =A380,000=09=095=09=092 =A380,001 to =A390,000=09=09=3D3F=09=091 Emoluments for these purposes include pension contributions and=20 benefits.

--=20

-blj-

Reply to
Brian L Johnson

Brian L Johnson wrote

Stupid cuttenpaste. That table should read:

=A360,001 to =A370,000=09=092=09=095 =A370,001 to =A380,000=09=095=09=092 =A380,001 to =A390,000=09=090=09=091

--=20

-blj-

Reply to
Brian L Johnson