Vinyl tile adhesive

About 15 years ago we had Amtico floor tiles installed in our bathroom by a professional installer.

Over the past couple of weeks we have refurbished our bathroom and replaced the cast iron bath with an acrylic one and also had a shower installed in the bath.

There is now a gap of 167 cm long x 3 cm wide at the bottom of the bath, however I have managed to acquire some free samples of the same Amtico tiles, and have cut them to fit this long thin gap. Once they're in place I will mastic around the join to the bath.

My problem is adhesive to stick these tiles onto the plywood substrate: I don't want to have to buy 2.5 litres of Amtico adhesive for nearly £10 to use on only a half a square foot of tiles. Can anybody recommend another suitable adhesive for PVC tiles that would come in, say, a small tube for a few quid? I don't anticipate a lot of water getting on the floor there.

Thanks for any help.

Sandra

Reply to
someone

Any "no more nails" type product should do that. The Pound Shop do one in a small tube that would be plenty.

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , someone writes

Contact adhesive sounds ideal for this sort of job:

or the more famous Evo-Stik brand.

Use in original confident mode: Apply to both surfaces, allow to dry, bring surfaces together, they will stick without any possibility of realignment.

or

Non-confident mode: Apply to one surface and bring together immediately, some realignment possible if you're quick.

First one is meant to give a better bond but for the offcuts you mention, I would go for the second.

Reply to
fred

NT

Thank you all so much for your advice, I can now see a way forward and I'll check out your recommendations in more detail. I hadn't considered a no more nails type product for this application. The evo-stik alternative sounds good too. The wiki.diyfaq site leads on to other interesting answers for questions I hadn't even thought of yet.

best regards from Sandra

Reply to
someone

Either way the Pound Shop will do you :-) Mine does a solvent based UHU contact adhesive.

Reply to
stuart noble