Victorinox

But not invented in Switzerland

The Schwarzwald is the area known for cuckoo clocks, not Switzerland

Reply to
geoff

Per item or consignment?

Reply to
geoff

... or you have a thousand acres of grapevines to prune.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

If you have to prune acres of trees or vines then pneumatic shears are used because vignetto tractors are fitted with compressors. I'm hard pressed to think who would pay for those electric things. Felco pneumatic shears are EUR 400 a pair.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nobody knows where the clock makers of the Black Forest got the idea from, so you cannot say that for certain. However, the first known cuckoo clock belonged to an Elector of Saxony, so the story that the idea came from Bohemia may be correct.

I'm not sure that is true for the majority of people.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So what did they get for 500 years of democracy & peace?

Reply to
Adam Funk

A mate bought a Swhish Ermy Kinife, made in Taiwan or someplace. It was quite amusing, seeing every tool on it break when he used them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's been said before that there's someone on this group who knows about _everything_!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Chocolate

... and Swatch

Reply to
geoff

Well, shouldn't the rest of us all step back and let that person answer all the questions? (©1980 Airplane!)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I ordered some parts from that site a couple of months ago. The service was pretty good & the parts were shipped quickly.

Reply to
Adam Funk