Victorian copper pipe size

I need to replace a corroded stopcock in a Victorian terrace. The problem is - I can't find a fitting for the original pipework. It is copper, and appears to be Imperial 3/4 inch. But - having cut a section out - I cannot find a compression fitting that will fit it.

It seems to be much thicker than modern copper pipe. And four local plumbing shops say they've never seen it before.

Does anyone know a source of some kind of adjustable compression fitting that will adapt from a weird 3/4-ish size down to modern metric?

There's some urgency to this - I've no water till it's done?

Reply to
Peter

George

Wrong link

George

If nothing else will do it then look at the Universal Transition Fittings such as order code 13544 on

John Rumm

Thanks guys. Never knew there were so many weird and wonderful fittings...will let you know what woks.

Reply to
Peter