Victorian bricks

Hi,
Just removed an internal wall in our Victorian house. The bricks that survived my SDS drill I've cleaned and kept (bad idea as it made the job much longer than necessary). Now I am wondering what to do with them... Is there any re-sale value for 300-400 second-hand bricks?
Colin

My local brick (no longer made) is sometimes advertised in the local paper at about GBP30 per 100 bricks. I've no idea what condition that would be in, or how it compares with secondhand bricks generally.
Will

Yes, but only if you have enough for the job someone wants them for, normally the smaller they are (height wise) the more you get for them, obviously they have to be in good nick, don't think 3 or 4 hundred would sell for present prices 650 per 000, but i'd put them in local paper for any offers, Tel

there is a trade in reused bricks, but what it costs to advertise and what that leaves you with... and the time...
Regards, NT

Yes, but being an internal wall, these will be 'B' grade bricks ('A' grade bricks are used where they show). I've no idea if there's a market for 'B' grade bricks, but there is for 'A' grade ones.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Hello Colin

20-30p/brick. Advertise locally in Smallads etc. Slightly over new commons price if they're cleaned of mortar first.
I used half of Totnes Cottage Hospital in one of my gardens.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

Definitely. Depends what sort they are, and what the local market for them is of course but round my way good ones can be a couple of quid EACH. I've heard stories of the posh people's builders actually offering the riff-raff free fitting of new windows in their two-up two-down terraces, just to be able to get their mitts on the resulting spare bricks. That may well be urban legend, but then again, this is (or rather was) Posh'n Becks country where possession of money and a sense of reality do not necessarily go hand in hand.
Anyway - I should take a brick down to a local architectural salvage yard and tell him you want to buy 300-400 more of them; that should give you an answer as to their worth.
David

Don't be silly, just go and ask without all the "amateur dramatics do Sheerluck Homes". All that will accomplish is telling the seller he has a cutomer with expensive colour match needs, not just a "prospect" with no taste.

Internal wall bricks tend to be the very worst for any building work or repairs. But a landscape gardener might find them attractive?
--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.