Vicious vacuuming.

This is the right way to vacuum:

David

David coughed up some electrons that declared:

Angle grinder

Reply to
Tim S

But where would you start? arse, or head?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Is it the Sheila who's vicious or the vacuuming !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Bugger that, just get a good vacuum and let *it* do the work.

Reply to
Lino expert

Lino expert coughed up some electrons that declared:

I was just thinking that.

The electric powered beater bar on my Miele cylinder probably beats the carpet up more than she does; same goes for most uprights.

Reply to
Tim S

I just feel sorry for her poor husband!

Reply to
Andy Dee

I thought I was going to see Sid Vicious wielding the vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

This is far more attractive

ARWadsworth

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cheaper than a wife and it will not cause you grief.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Same with our Miele vacuums, both the upright and the cylinder.

Reply to
David

weekend to try out, and it convinced me within half an hour not to bother.

The suction involved is minimal - something like a 2" PC fan if I remember rightly. Most of the pickup is by beaters like in my granny's old mechanical carpet-sweeper. On my living room floor (laminate put in by the previous owners) it didn't actually pick anything up, rather collecting the not-particularly-visible dirt into big clumps, which it periodically let go of leaving a pile on the floor. Essentially, it was a dirt-concentrator that made the room look worse. And then it got stuck on the edge of the rug. (No fringes or tassels, just too thick for it meaning that it got grounded.) The charging station that has to be left in a prominent position on the floor for it to be properly autonomous didn't add to the look of the room either.

That said, my friend loves it.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

My mate has one. He has a mixture of wooden. laninate and tiled floors. It picks the dog hairs up daily but cannot match my Henry for power.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth