very OT NHS dental Walk-in Centres

Apols for OT but just to ask if anyone knows whether the NHS Walk-in Centres are still open for dental work? (Phone/web not helpful). Have toothache and even though went "private" due to NHS butchery by dentist from Portugal (really) the Private practice have just given me an appointment... *6 weeks* away! Thanks - and sorry for semi-rant.

Reply to
dave

Brazil in my case, but could have been portuguese, I guess.

Take your custom elsewhere. What sort of private contract do you have?

Wait till evening and use the emergency cover dentist.

Sorry, didn't answer your question.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In my area Dentaline provides out-of-hours emergency dental services based in local hospitals. They charge NHS prices. I don't know whether other areas have this type of service.

Reply to
Richard Head

Yes they do exist. I had a lot of toothache in April and my dentist was stuck abroad due to the volcanic ash. The dentists gave me the number of the walk in centre in case I could not make it through the weekend. Apparently A&E would have turned me away (odd really as I am now under a consultant to sort out the problem caused by the long delay in treatment).

I did not use the centre, but it was nice to know it existed.

You have my sypmathy.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Being fed up with paying the vast sums for private dentistry, I've now gone back to the NHS. Hadn't the option before - there weren't any NHS dentists round here. But there are now. Phoned up on Monday, and went in to register. Got an appointment Tuesday. Expecting it just to be a checkup

- but no, he did all the required work there and then as well. I'm impressed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bet you he's gone Denplan or private only within two years.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That's good to hear. Maybe NHS dental is improving.

Reply to
dave

Just do it yourself - SDS chisel and car body filler.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

When you've seen a quote from an Orthodontist for braces to realign gnashers you realise that the regular day to day work charged by private dentist is quite reasonable. i.e. for upper and lower braces =3D =A33800 Thats for the ugly betty style metal braces too, not the invisible type.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Starling

Doubt it. What seems to have happened is the market is saturated with private dentists round here. So many have moved back to taking new NHS patients. They get a very much better deal than they did some years ago. Of course it's not fashionable to say Labour did improve the NHS in some ways.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Angle grinder, mini drill and some snipe nose pliers work reeel gud :-)

Reply to
Martop