Very opaque paint in a spray can?

I need to spray some polyester fabric with some motifs, using a spray can. Which paint would you suggest? It needs to be very opaque, because I want to spray a light colour over a dark color, in just one coat. Acrylic? Enamel? Any particular make?

Thank you,

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Humbrol matt enamel, available in good model shops.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi, NP. Thank you. Matt paint is certainly often more poaque. I wasn't aware that particular stuff was available in spray cans. I will have to go and see.

I need to paint to polyester fabric. I did spray some enamel on the other day, and it did seem to take OK and is still nice and flexible when dry. So matt enamel in a spray can should do the trick..

Jake

Reply to
Jack

Its not THAT flexible. I spray it on model aircraft covered in plastic film and fabrics. Laid on thick it can crack under flexure. But a thin coat onto unsealed fabric should be pretty good. It will wear off though. It is unlikely to penetrate the polyetsr fibres themselves.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher